Thursday 11 April 2013

Into the autumnal swing!

I love autumn!

Crisp mornings, warm sunny days, cool evenings.. Everything feels different.. Less intense than summer heat or winter cold.. Autumn has something about it, a lovely easiness that allows you to move comfortably. Autumn is the jeans-n-white-cotton-tshirt of all the seasons..

I do love summer weather.. Love the heat and perspiration.. Love the need for less clothes more sunscreen.. In summer I feel like a lover let go, abandon my body to the sun, clad in bikini and lying upon a beach, it's no wonder I feel sacrificial..


And spring, nope, the dead grip of winter still has a hold on spring.

Today as I strolled the south bank, along the Yarra, everywhere the relieved faces of workers beginning to shed the working week and step into the weekend.

Seeing these faces cast my mind back to my own years of working the salt mine, er, office job. The haze of projectpapetdeadlinemeetingmeetingmeetingbriefingphonecallsministerialspapermeeting.. I quite literally remember being tired and rundown for 8 years. Falling sick at the slightest change in breeze. Scheduling in frantic stressful time to stop and smell the roses, taking a run at the figurative rosé garden and inhaling so deeply to fully take it all in, aphids and all.

 
But today, my first autumn as a free range human, strolling the promenade, enjoying the buskers and the sunshine, once again put into perspective for me, just how extraordinarily lucky I am to be living the life I have.

Life is rosy!








No comments:

Post a Comment