Sunday 31 March 2013

Farewell JCC

This blog is dedicated to my dear friend.
Rest In Peace J.C.C. xxx

 
Today I received a surprise email. The email popped up in my inbox and actually left me gob smacked. For two reasons.

The first reason is that the email came from an ex of long ago.. another life another time another me. It was strange to hear the formality of his words, difficult to marry the lilting language to how I remembered his voice to be.

My, how we have both grown since then. We must both sound like adults now!

The second and most powerful reason I was left dumbstruck is for the news he shared.. the sad sad passing of our dear close friend.

True, I knew him for less time than my ex knew him, but he was someone special in my memories, with whom I had shared close and happy times with. He was a character unlike anyone I'd ever met, with adventures and stories that blew my mind! Certainly he had lived a life of exhilaration and wonder, with enough tales to fill several books and regale guests and staff alike, at any establishment. He was a modest man that liked to smile and have a good hearty laugh, showing off sparkling eyes and a cheeky grin.

To recall those sweet summery times and now the untimely death, is a tragic juxtapositioning.

I sat here tonight alone, looking over photographs from that time.. a million memories jumbled like numbers in a twirling bingo basket, pinging off each other.. the good the bad and the ugly.. the human experience.

His death hurts my heart and leaves a heavy feeling upon my shoulders. But I'm happy for that. That someone could be so vibrant and lively in my life and affect me so many years on is a positive thing. I pray I can have such long lasting positive impact on someone somewhere and I hope that my ex can also find happiness in such a sad death.

Our lives are fleeting and fragile. Lets make the most of the time we have!

Namaste dear darlings, I truly do love you all
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment